Global EditionASIA 中文双语Français
5de43d64a310fb3de82ea64e
2019-12 /03

Nearly 70 dead in clash with militants in Syria

AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE | Updated: 2019-12-03 00:00

SURMAN, Syria-Two days of clashes between government forces and armed groups in Syria's last major opposition bastion have killed nearly 70 on both sides, undermining a monthslong cease-fire agreement, a war monitor said on Sunday.

The battles in the northwestern province of Idlib are "the most violent" there since a Russian-brokered cease-fire agreement went into effect in late August, said Rami Abdul Rahman, head of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

Residents of affected villages fled north to escape the fighting, adding to the hundreds of thousands who have already flooded out of the province's violence-plagued south since fighting escalated earlier this year.

Report cites rights progress in Tibet

Most Viewed

Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US