Global EditionASIA 中文双语Français
China Daily / 2026-03 / 02 / Page011

Briefly

China Daily | Updated: 2026-03-02 00:00
Share
Share - WeChat

INDIA

17 killed in blast at explosives factory

A blast at an explosives factory killed at least 17 people and injured 18 others on Sunday, officials in the western Indian state of Maharashtra said. Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the accident was "deeply distressing" and wished a speedy recovery to the survivors. Maharashtra chief minister Devendra Fadnavis called the incident "extremely unfortunate and tragic" in a post on X. The accident happened in Nagpur, about 800 kilometers from state capital Mumbai. "Rescue operations have been accelerated, and so far, 17 people have lost their lives,"Fadnavis said.

Report cites rights progress in Tibet

Most Viewed

Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1994 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US